First and foremost, I’d like to wish anyone reading this a happy winter, and if you’re celebrating any sort of holiday, I hope you’re enjoying it thoroughly! I really haven’t been able to update this blog as much as I’d of liked to, especially seeing as I wanted to get a special update on character design posted on the 25th as a little gift for anyone who happens to enjoy it. As shown obviously, that didn’t happen, but I’m still planning on working on it and all of it’s little extra goodies ASAP. I’ve also been neglecting my twitter account quite a bit, and writing/drawing/etc as a whole… but I’m definitely going to be trying hard to get that on track next year. This is becoming a bit repetitive with the whole ‘I haven’t posted much but I’m trying to’ thing, so I’m going to move on.
My book shelf is working significantly on getting bigger. I’ve got a few new books as of now, those being some that I’ve really been meaning to read for a while now. As of this moment, I am working on reading The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and I’m contemplating taking some notes on what I like/dislike and think about the book itself and putting together a little book review of it. I should be finishing it up soon, but it seems like it’s the kind of book I’ll have to re-read after a bit of a break from it.
I’ve finally got a new sewing machine, although I’m not sure when I’m going to start on working with it, although I do have an idea of what my first sewing project will be. My amazing boyfriend’s also bought me a tablet, which I’m far too excited for since my old tablet was worn out into a piece of unworkable shit (draw straight line on tablet -> comes out looking completely different, worn from working with it, losing it, etc, family member broke the pen, lost pen, lost tablet months later). I can’t come up with the exact words to thank him for it with, honestly.
I’m trying to put everything into a schedule for the most part, for now, since I’ve got to get everything done faster. I’m not one for routine, but with the way I’m living now, to assure myself that I’ll finish up and move on to more exciting things, I kind of have to. Work is something that I really need to get done, and this should help me do that.
A brand new year is coming up, and I’ve figured it’s time to get my shit together and work on a lot of stuff. This year’s been pretty rough on my family and I, and it’s time to start working harder on a lot of things. In other words, it’s time for the typical new year’s resolution list, sincerest apologies on that. Most of these are some goals I’ve had for a while, but never managed to do because I didn’t pay as much attention to them as I should, and I just want to get them all set straight by the end of next year.
- Find better ways to show appreciation to those I love, as I’ve not been doing that as much as I’d like to. They deserve to feel appreciated and loved.
- Work on handling some problems I’ve had for a while. Emotional baggage isn’t going to work out for me.
- Spend more time helping others, helping out with charities, doing encouragement and depression/self-harm/etc recovery and awareness projects, and anything else I can manage.
- Get more work done in terms of the things I’ve been neglecting these past few years.
- In visual arts, work more on scenery and depiction of motion.
- Create at least one complete piece, background and all, each month, along with several other practices and the like, visual art wise, in both traditional and digital media.
- Work more on video editing and improving work in 3D software.
- Work on becoming physically healthier, specifically getting back into hiking and being a bit more active, as I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.
- Read more of everything I enjoy – novels, blogs, short stories, poems, and the like.
- Write more posts for this blog!
If I don’t post by the end of the year, I hope everyone has a great new year’s and a good start to 2012. Here’s hoping for a better year, no matter how bad/good this one may have been!